Running a few miles in a "new" pair of shoes


If you're reading this, it probably means you were navigated to my blog through a random filter or unsuccessful search engine. Unfortunate for you, good for me. If you read my blog you will find out that I am a 20-something, overweight female who picked up a pair of running shoes one day and decided to go for a jog. This is where I document my journey toward becoming an avid "runner", whatever that is. It may seem like a silly experiment, and it is. But it's also more than that. I am running for health, happiness and strength. I'm running to live.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Don't rain on my parade ...

The good news: The streets are officially clear of ice and snow! The bad news? It's been pouring down rain for the past three days. Wind, hail, the whole bit. I've been waiting it out in my apartment thus far, but I'm beginning to think that I will just have to suck it up and get used to running in soggy shoes. I have already missed two scheduled runs, and I suspect that I will need to extend Week 3 by a run or two just to feel prepared for Week 4.

I did not sign up to "become" a runner expecting 365 days of sunshine and delicate breezes. But it's so HARD to get myself out there in this mess! I don't have class until 1:00 tomorrow, so I hope to get in today's run then. No, let me try that again: I WILL get my run in tomorrow. Rain or shine, but can we pretty please have shine?

1 comment:

  1. I"m so scared to move on to the next level. I feel like I'm not ready but also think I need to just bite the bullet and do it. My pansy ass is back at the gym on the treadmill. The wind is unbelievable here.

    ReplyDelete