Running a few miles in a "new" pair of shoes


If you're reading this, it probably means you were navigated to my blog through a random filter or unsuccessful search engine. Unfortunate for you, good for me. If you read my blog you will find out that I am a 20-something, overweight female who picked up a pair of running shoes one day and decided to go for a jog. This is where I document my journey toward becoming an avid "runner", whatever that is. It may seem like a silly experiment, and it is. But it's also more than that. I am running for health, happiness and strength. I'm running to live.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

And she's off...

Feeling better today. Throat is still pretty sore, but I can breathe normally again. A friend called me today and asked if I wanted to go out with her to run some errands, and since I've been cooped up in the house with very little human interaction, I decided that I really wanted to go. I also decided that if I felt good enough to venture outside for some shopping, I felt good enough for a run. Still trying to finish up Week 2, and I think I might do one more Week 2 run after this, just to make sure I am back to my normal pace. At least that is what I'm telling myself right now. It may also be that I'm afraid Week 3 is going to be significantly harder and I'm stalling reaching that point. Either way, I am running today and that is the point.

While I run I am going to try to think about the situation in Haiti, and try to figure out what I could do to be of some small help. Not a lot of money in the bank to donate, and I don't exactly speak French well enough to hop on a plane, but I think they are going to need even more help in the coming weeks, months, years as people get tired of the tragedy and it starts to fade from the international headlines. Hopefully that gives me plenty of time to come up with something creative and useful with my limited resources.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better!! I hope Week 2 goes well today, if you need another week, take another and work from there!

    ReplyDelete