Running a few miles in a "new" pair of shoes


If you're reading this, it probably means you were navigated to my blog through a random filter or unsuccessful search engine. Unfortunate for you, good for me. If you read my blog you will find out that I am a 20-something, overweight female who picked up a pair of running shoes one day and decided to go for a jog. This is where I document my journey toward becoming an avid "runner", whatever that is. It may seem like a silly experiment, and it is. But it's also more than that. I am running for health, happiness and strength. I'm running to live.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Did someone say "Pancakes"?

I did my second Week 3 workout today, running home from the university where I am doing my TAship (which is, oddly, different from the university I actually attend). This Week 3 run felt much easier than the first - running for three minutes blocks really wasn't too difficult, even uphill! Between my five courses and three part-time jobs, I probably won't get around to my third run until this Saturday - so I'm hoping to make it a good one. I'd like to find a nice park or a new neighborhood, something just a bit more interesting than usual that will get me excited.

I've noticed that the last couple times I've ran, my ankles feel a bit sore for the first minute or so, and then seem to feel better as I keep going. I wouldn't describe it as actual pain, more like uncomfortable stiffness. It doesn't both me at all when I'm not running, so I think I'll just keep an eye on it. I am hoping that it is not a problem with my shoes because I really can't afford to get fitted for fancy new shoes right now. I was hoping to get by until spring for that.

Anyway, with my run out of the way, I can start looking forward to Pancake Wednesday! Every week, Big_Shoes and I trade off on who makes pancakes. When we remember to wake up a bit earlier, we do it for breakfast, but 80% of the time it ends up being dinner . You'd think pancakes every week would get old quickly, but we like to be pretty experimental with our pancakes and we never have the same kind in any month. We are always hunting down an interesting recipe or just coming up with new ways to use what is on hand in the fridge. Last week I made some delicious latkes (potato pancakes), and I don't know what he's up to this week but he seems to have a plan. I need to start preparing for next Wednesday so if you have any good recipes you're hiding, let me know! (Psss.. they don't have to be healthy!)

2 comments:

  1. I"m pretty lame. I buy the Bisquick mix and add water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK so not pancakes but a friend just posted this site. http://www.waffleizer.com/waffleizer/

    ReplyDelete