Running a few miles in a "new" pair of shoes


If you're reading this, it probably means you were navigated to my blog through a random filter or unsuccessful search engine. Unfortunate for you, good for me. If you read my blog you will find out that I am a 20-something, overweight female who picked up a pair of running shoes one day and decided to go for a jog. This is where I document my journey toward becoming an avid "runner", whatever that is. It may seem like a silly experiment, and it is. But it's also more than that. I am running for health, happiness and strength. I'm running to live.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

FREEdom!

Day 2. Check. I did the same short run - this time I tracked the course on Googlemaps and it's just over half a mile. I know, I know, your grandma walks that far to get to the bus stop. Point taken. It's a puny start... but I'll get better. It's more important for me at the moment just to get in the habit of running, and not avoiding the all dreaded "work out".

If the weather keeps up over the next couple days (it's supposed to snow, but hoping for only an inch or two) I plan to extend my run by a block. The incline at the end killed me again, but having a scarf to breathe into did wonders for my throat and lungs, so recovery was quick and painless this time.

*BONUS* I found an awesome pedometer in my bottle of Aleve this morning. By awesome, I mean free, of course. It has all of two buttons, but it will still probably take me most of the day to figure out. On a loosely related note, I also found a sweet wire rack sitting out by the dumpster when I took out the trash, which is now sitting proudly in my entryway until I figure out a use for it. Looks like its gonna be a good day.

Uh oh, all of this talk about free stuff is making me want to jump on Craigslist. Who knows, if I find something good close by it might even be motivation for a second run... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment